Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Merchero

I have a very talented cousin who restores classic cars as a hobby. What you see here is a creation of his unlike anything you'll see again, I believe.

He took a '56 Mercury (I think... hubby is dozing in his recliner so I can't ask) and a Ford Ranchero and invented the Merchero.




Those are Harley Davidson lights on either side at the top of the bed.

How about this nameplate? Isn't my cousin talented?

Fixing the interior of the Merchero is going to be Gerald's winter project. Right now, he sits on that block of wood if he wants to drive the car outside the shop.



4 comments:

  1. That is just too cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:15 AM

    Excellent!

    My oldest brother had a '55 Merc in Flamingo Pink and Black two-tone. Sounded just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:09 AM

    I love old cars...my uncle, who recently past away, loved to fix up old cars. His family lives near Republic, Mo. My dad is orginally from Branson, Mo. I use to love visiting his side of the family getting to visit, what use to be, small town Branson, where you could walk downtown with no problem. I love hearing about how my dad grew up and graduated high school with only 25 people. Well I will stop mumbling. Those photos just brought back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, I saw the Merchero today at church. It’s a beautiful vehicle! It made me second guess if Mercury actually built one. It looks all original and it’s been wonderfully restored. Thanks for driving it! I also enjoyed reading your blog about your trip to Iowa. I went to school in Hampton, IA, which isn’t far from Clarion. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!