1. I am naturally left-handed.
True, I am; I do many things left-handed. But when I started school, it was the practice to change lefties into righties, so I write with my right hand.
2. I only have one toenail.
Yep, just one little pinkie-toe has a toenail on it. And it isn't supposed to. I had a nasty case of toenail fungus for years, and I chose to have my toenails permanently removed. One grew back. I think it's because I misunderstood instructions and soaked my feet sooner than I was supposed to.
3. I've never been bucked off a horse.
True. Mainly because I'm too big a coward to get on a horse I think will buck. Years ago, my first horse shied sideways and she went one way while I went the other. And a couple of years ago, a horse reared over backwards and landed on me. But I've not been bucked off, strictly speaking.
4. I have a guitar that cost $2,000. Yes, I have a Gibson Dove. From what I've seen, new ones are now bringing between $3,000 and $4,000. The first one I owned (and, like an idiot, sold) cost $550. That's inflation for you.
5. Although I'm a jeans-and-T-shirt type woman, I love to occasionally put on the makeup and get out a fancy dress and high heels (with a matching purse), and go someplace fancy to eat, and window-shop in upscale stores.
I think everybody guessed this as being the lie. You were all correct. I never was a good liar.
6. I wear size eleven shoes.
This is something I don't usually divulge. It's true, sad to say.
7. I've never had a driver's license.
8. I didn't date until I was twenty years old.
I was afraid I wouldn't know how to act on a date. And I figured if anybody really got to know me well, they wouldn't like me.
We didn't have an inside bathroom or running water until we moved to Kansas City in 1956.