Saturday, February 13, 2010

Girls' Day Out

I spent a most enjoyable afternoon with my daughter and granddaughters.  We had soup and salad at Olive Garden, then did some shopping at Sam's Club; they still don't have my almonds.  And no, the four of us didn't have any wine; the waiter (who the girls deemed as "cute") hadn't removed the wine glasses yet.


Then we went by the dreaded Blue Springs Walmart; I was going to stay in the car because that place runs my blood pressure up, but I decided to risk it; things turned out fairly well there.  
Cliff and I seldom buy Valentine cards or gifts for one another, but since we were there anyway, I considered it.  Until I saw the crowd in the Valentine card aisle, that is.


Does everybody wait till the last minute?


I squeezed up amongst them briefly and looked at a few Valentines, only to realize that none of the verses and lines on those cards sounded like anything I'd say, even the joke ones.    
Thanks, Rachel and granddaughters, for a fun outing.

4 comments:

  1. I would rather take a beating then to go in to our Walmart here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wal*Mart is the meetin' and greetin" place in our town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great day out with the girls. I did that too only it was just me and my daughter. Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a great time too, Mom!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!