Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Things are shaping up around here.

Although August isn't the time for planting bushes, I decided to risk it by putting a little lilac bush next to the front porch.

Cliff has skirted the trailer now. It's looking SO much better.

I sure do enjoy our new front porch.

Cliff has the tiller nearby, working up the dirt next to our home.

This is how I wake up each morning, watching the hummingbirds feed as the sun rises. (Click on the picture to get a better look at the hummingbird.) That wind chime on the right is a souvenir of Colorado; it has Kokopeli on it. Loud clanging wind chimes annoy me, but mine is made of pewter and has a quite delicate sound.

This coming Friday the carpenter plans to start digging for our back porch and deck. I'm so excited!

4 comments:

  1. I think a front porch is what makes a house a home. We have Kokopeli in our house, too. He represents God and he seems like such a joyous character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. It is shaping very nicely.

    Waking-up to see birds feeding with the amber sky changing to brilliant blue is heaven's gift.

    Having a large back porch to laze around in and have family get together outdoors is going to be fantastic for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking great! But if it were me, I wouldn't put any flowering things so close to my front porch, even tho I know it would look great. But then I have an intense fear of bees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin' Good!

    I envy you the porch and the deck. I've lived in an apartment for the last 23 years, ever since I got married. Do you realize how rare it is to see an apartment with a porch and/or deck?

    Enjoy, Donna. You deserve it after all those years in that drafty un-air-conditioned house.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!