Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Scenes from Sunday's ride

Never have I seen more perfect weather for a motorcycle ride.

The clouds were breath-taking.


Missouri's rolling countryside was as verdant as though it were June, rather than August.


We took the long way home, and twice our blacktop turned to gravel. We turned around both times; a Honda Gold Wing doesn't do well on gravel.

Heading toward home, I began to wonder if we were going to get wet, but soon the sky became clear again.

Near Jamesport, home of an Amish settlement, we met this buggy filled with teenagers out for a Sunday afternoon ride. The driver of the rig, seeing I was taking his picture, put an imaginary camera to his face and clicked. Hey, I don't mind having my picture taken, even with an imaginary camera.

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing Amish people out in their buggies! I read all the Amish fiction books and can't get enough of them, why is that? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was a out-standing trip, and the pictures are beautiful.
    I love the Amish people.I think we all need a simpler way of life. I think we would be happier any healthier.
    God bless, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your pictures! The one of the courthouse was great! I said to Kelly Come look, here is the courthouse your Uncle Ray stopped at when you were little when we were on our way to a family reunion in Iowa. My brother and his wife had driven down from Iowa to take My Mom and my kids and me up to the reunion.
    My son Bill lives down at Windsor and there are a lots of Amish down there and it so neat to watch them go by in their buggy's by his house.

    I will never forget when we were driving home and we saw a buggy go by and then looked up and the sky and saw a stealth bomber from the air base!! It was awesome! Blessings, Grams

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had Mennonite friends in Nappanee, IN that I used stay when I finished college. I LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!