Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I'm moving stuff!

Originally we were going to tear down the old barn. Now we've decided we'll simply take off the wing on the left.

I figure I may as well move stuff I don't use much... books, winter clothes I've stored away, and so forth.


Cliff backed a trailer up to the door and I loaded it up with stuff I won't be needing for a couple of weeks.

I moved my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook collection today; then I realized I should have kept the one I use the most here, since I use recipes from it a couple of times a week. My son made that book-case for me when he was in high school, so I love it.


I found the perfect spot for all my pretty little horses.

I can't wait.

Gene, the guy who moved our mobile home, came out today and fixed the tie-downs so our home won't blow away easily. He only has one more thing to do: come and get our air conditioning in place and charged up, once we have electricity. We went ahead and paid him... about half the cost for which we had budgeted. Cliff's old pal Tom told him Gene wouldn't cheat us, that he was cheap.

Indeed!


Picture me doing a happy dance.

4 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!! I would be doing the happy dance too!!!! That thing is HUGE! You and Cliff will be hunting for each other! The video was great also the pictures. There must have been some nail biting there for a few minutes. Your horses look great up on top of the shelf. Have fun moving in and arranging and rearranging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome, Donna. I have that same model Tennessee Walker down in the garage. You're going to have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! And just in time, too! In a few more weeks that AC will feel good, and you can cook more in the summertime with the AC.

    Good luck with the sorting, tossing and moving.

    Love and hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have a table just like the one in your photo.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!