Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy birthday, Blue!

My horse, Blue, turned fourteen years old yesterday. I helped him celebrate today by allowing him to carry me down along the Missouri River. I took a couple of videos so my readers could share the experience.

First, a ride through a wheat field. You'll notice his head goes down once in a while; this is when he's stealing a bite of green wheat. The clouds were beautiful.

Next, be amazed along with me at how casual Blue is near a passing train. In fact, he likes moving trains so much that he'd gladly go closer if I'd let him. It's just that I'm not comfortable any closer. Good grief, the ground is shaking already!


We saw farmers planting something. These days, there's no plowing or cultivating: They simply stick the seed in the ground and use a herbicide to kill the weeds. I wondered what they were planting.

Then I rode past this pickup and saw the empty seed-corn sacks.

Happy birthday, my noble steed (and babysitter). I don't know what I'd do without you.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Dear Blue. I'm sure Ms. Donna spoiled you reeeeal good. I enjoyed the videos, btw.

    And what's with the farmers not turning the soil? I've not heard of such a thing. Really??? Wow!

    And you're so right. Mama's rocking chair HAS to stay. That's all there is to it.
    Blessings,
    ~Toni~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mr. Blue! You take good care of your Momma on those rides and no chasing any trains!
    Skipper
    Kipper
    Buddy
    Nick &
    Little Bud

    PS If you can't find the hangers for your wallhanging I have a catalog with some in it. I can send the website and info if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLUE!!!

    That is one long train! How long did you have to wait for it to pass? Looked like it was carrying coal.

    Yes, a glorious day it was. The clouds were beautiful... especially when you can see it from wide open spaces.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy B'day Blue, from a fellow train lover:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! Happy (belated) Birthday Blue!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!