Sunday, November 11, 2007

A surprise at the Bothwell Lodge

Cliff and I rode the motorcycle to the Bothwell Lodge today; it's a huge place three stories tall... four if you count the basement.


Speaking of the basement: The lodge had its own power plant until the forties when rural electricity was finally installed. The lights were direct-current.

That's the huge coal furnace; it really didn't look this color, but it was so dark I had to use flash.

As we passed through a small passageway toward the stairs out of the basement, I noticed what I thought was a rubber snake....

but it was real! A black snake about six feet long.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! It was real!!!!??? Oh my!!

    I almost fell off my chair laughing about the 'growths' on the antenna!! Guess I won't be getting those for Hubby to put on his car antennas! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!

    Thats a healthy looking black snake.

    I bet there isnt any rodents around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! I would have peed my pants right then and there if I had seen that snake!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!