Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Like my new header picture?

I got tired of looking at the picture of a very pregnant Bonnie.  After all, she has that big old baby who is two weeks old today.  Max has learned a lot in his short life.  He and his mother seem to avoid the side of the ditch where he fell in over a week ago, so they've both learned something on that score.  Max already knows what happens when he touches an electric fence, so he stays on the proper side of them.  He does hang out with Jody a lot, as closely as he dares with an electric fence between them.  


Max is taking more milk all the time.  Originally I was bringing in two gallons of milk every morning; it's now down to one gallon, and I figure within another week I won't have to milk at all unless we need some milk.  That means we won't be so tied down at home and can go places and do things.  
Our friends did not make it here yesterday evening.  I talked to Celeste on the phone before bedtime, and she said between the breakdown with her bike and the extreme heat (99 degrees), she couldn't go on any further, so they camped.  I expect to see them some time today.  

6 comments:

  1. I love your new header! I should figure out how to change mine. The couple times I tried, it was a disaster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fascinated by the Max's unusual face markings. And I like your new photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new photo and words in the header. Max and Jody are friends, how sweet. Glad the little fella learned his lesson about the ditch.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!