Friday, March 18, 2011

My adventures in online bidding

As I told you yesterday, I spent sixty dollars for one hundred bids at Quibids.  I spent about sixteen dollars total on shipping and handling for items I won, which included vouchers for more bids.  
This morning I won another $15 Walmart gift card as well as a $25 gift card for overstock.com.  I then decided to simply bid on one premium item, a $200 Walmart gift card, until all my bids were used up.  
I didn't get the huge gift card and my bids are gone.  I told Cliff, "That's it; I'll quit this game while I'm ahead.  Don't worry, I won't be charging any more bids to our credit card."  
Honestly, I now understand what makes people stand for hours at a slot machine!  It's just that business of knowing there's a chance of winning.  


Click on this picture to make it larger and you'll see all my activity and what I won.  Subtract sixteen dollars for shipping and handling fees and you'll see that I came out ahead (the camera is exactly what I wanted, and it's $110 at Best Buy).  $76 dollars went into these wild, wild bidding sessions, and I won over $150 of loot.  It was fun, I have my camera, and I'm done.   
The camera and one of the gift cards have been shipped already.  
If you have a gambling problem, do NOT try this website!

5 comments:

  1. I am not going to tell my wife about that place. And I should probably stay away from there as well. Looks like you got some sweet deals, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my early days on ebay and the excitement of winning an item. I'd actually set the timer on my stove to remind me to turn on my computer and watch an item for last minute bidding wars. I've learned since that oftentimes when I don't win something, someone else will list it and I'll get it for even a better price.

    Have you already used your 25 bid voucher? This site sounds tempting so I'm resisting checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, do you play Bingo? :)

    EnJoy your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one I'm not going to show Ken. He would go crazy bidding on things we really don't need. Glad that you got the camera you wanted.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not addicted (maybe to chocolate) but I know someone I won't tell about this site.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!