Sunday, December 20, 2009

Poor Mama Cow

I kept Sir Loin away from his mother for ten hours today, then opened the gate and let them be together. I expected him to go running to her and start nursing, but he was in no hurry. Watch the video and you'll see her kicking in discomfort, but he keeps on sucking, and she puts up with it. For at least twenty-four hours, I won't have to worry about milking Bonnie.
Jerseys are small cows, and Sir Loin's father was listed on Bonnie's registration paper as a registered Jersey. I have my doubts, though. He isn't even six months old, and look at the size of him compared to his mom!

7 comments:

  1. Poor mama she couldn't hardly stand still. All that milk is making him grow fast. He does look more like a Guernsey calf though. They are larger cows. I could see the scabs on her udders so that nursing has got to hurt pretty. Looked a lot like he was chewing her udder to me. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's half moose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir Loin is getting veeeery big. Pretty too or should I say handsome?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things work out for them. I can feel for mama cow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. is that Cliff playing banjo?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That IS one BIG BABY! I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think its time to close down the milk bar for Sir.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!