Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The end of the Decade? I think not.

Patrick, of Patrick's Place, blogged about this subject, which is what got me looking around on the Internet. Most sources say the present decade doesn't end until December 31, 2010.

It really doesn't matter to me, since I've never known a new year or a new decade to actually change anything about the way my life is going... unless I changed my attitude. Now there's something that will change your life: a good old-fashioned attitude adjustment. Nowadays, that takes too much effort on my part; I've gotten lazy.

New beginnings used to fill me with hope, and that hope helped me change my attitude. I was one of those people who resolved to lose those extra Christmas pounds and actually got the job done; Cliff would lose weight along with me. These days, my resolve has flown out the window. I've stopped making resolutions because I no longer keep them.

I do have one tiny resolution this year: When I talk about what year it is, I'm going to say it differently. Ever since 2001, I've said it like this: two thousand one, two thousand two, etc.

Now, back in the 1900's I never said "one thousand nine hundred one", or one thousand nine hundred two". No, it was "nineteen one", or nineteen two". Or maybe "nineteen 'oh' one".

So, come New Year's Day, I'll be calling the year "twenty-ten". Right or wrong, that's how I'm saying it.

Isn't that an earth-shaking resolution?

Hey, at least maybe I can keep this one.

7 comments:

  1. it's so early in the morning...and I am on the way to PT...and this blog was some heavy reading LOL..and it is good to know where you stand...I always appreciate it when other folks make decisions for me...LOL...works for me...actually tho I think 2010 is gonna be a year of alot of "adjustments"...for everyone!!! Happy New Year with hugs from Ora

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...I made the comment...not Mixon...computer is screwy this morning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:49 AM

    I like. I 'm with you on twenty ten! Happy New Year! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. My only resolution is to not make any resolutions. I succeed every year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done the same with the years 2000...twenty ten sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it makes you feel good do it. I don't think many people keep those resolutions so your's does seem easy to keep.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!