Monday, December 29, 2008

A year's-end MEME

I found this at Green Olives & Pickle Juice II, and remembered doing it in years past. It's a rather fun way to review the past year.

End of year meme…..Take the first sentence of the first (unfiltered) entry you made in a given month and post it in order to sum up your year.


January: The past year has been a good one for us, all things considered:
We did learn this valuable lesson: don't sell your motorcycle unless you're sure you're done riding.

February: After Cliff and I bought our first place, a small house on twenty acres south of Oak Grove, my parents offered to sell us a milk cow.

March: The saddle I use when I ride is an old Circle Y; I bought it used from a tack store when I first bought Blue because I had gotten rid of my old saddle when I sold my previous horse, thinking I was done with horseback riding.

April: On my rides to the river, there was one spot where I loved to stop, get off my horse, and poke around.

May: I took my usual road to the river; saw a sign ahead, "road closed at RR crossing".

June: That's Cliff, his brother Don (who drove the U-Haul) and his brother Phil.

July: Our son, from Georgia, has been here since last Saturday, and will stay until Sunday morning.

August: Each day, be thankful for what you have.

September: Cliff and I rode 850 miles on our Gold Wing over the three-day weekend.

October: I began blogging on AOL Journals.

November: Cliff took off work Friday, so we decided to take a mini-vacation.

December: Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday, and likely always will be.

1 comment:

  1. I actually remembered some of those. Especially from when it flooded.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!