First, I'll leave the link for Holladay Distillery HERE. It gives you the history of the place.
Since Arick was driving, we got there earlier than I expected. That's OK, because Heather needed to eat something anyhow, so we killed some time driving on into Weston. Our tour started at 11 o'clock, so there was time to browse the souvenir shop. Drinks could be purchased: everything from Irish coffee to bourbon, plus a few things I never heard of; one couple at the little bar was in the area because they were attending a bachelor party that was going to last for two days. At this point I felt completely normal except for my hacking cough and lack of sleep. I made sure they had a coffee cup with the logo on it and planned to buy one on the way out. Then our congenial guide, Harrison, showed up. Cliff was pleasantly surprised that he could hear this guy. He had a strong voice and spoke clearly. We've been on so many tours with guides who didn't speak loudly and clearly enough for someone with hearing problems, so Cliff misses out.
There were twelve of us who boarded the bus that was to take us from one building to another. I was still feeling fine at this point.
HERE to read about the mold on the building. Very interesting.
HERE. The grandson bought some Scotch Eggs, and I had a bite of one. Keep in mind this is only about forty-five minutes after my dizziness and nausea, so perhaps I would have liked it better under normal circumstances; I never tasted a crunchy egg before. After lunch, we went next door and went far underground to O'Malley's, because I wanted to see the cave. People who drink too much while there may be a little put out when they realize you have to climb a lot of stairs to get to the rest rooms at ground level.
We window-shopped at several flea-market type stores. Heather is creative, and likes to stroll through these places looking for ideas. Finally, for our last stop of the day, we went to Weston Tobacco Company, because Arick, like his dad, is quite the cigar aficionado. The Kansas City Star had an interesting article about the place HERE.
I wish I hadn't had that unpleasant experience from accidentally taking some of Cliff's meds, but all's well that ends well. It was an enjoyable day for us all, I think. The kids live in our old house next door since they bought the place, but we don't often go anywhere together. By the way, Cliff's meds and mine no longer have the same storage place, so there should be no danger of another mixup.