Thursday, June 20, 2013

The things we don't blog about

Honestly, my BEST and MOST INTERESTING entries never get done, sometimes because they involve next-door neighbors, but more often because they would be about family.  Not Cliff or our children, by the way.  I don't express every opinion about them and/or their lives, but they are never a personal problem.  OK, except for Cliff when he has gas.  But as for the kids, they live their lives and I live mine.  
The next-door neighbor situation is looking up.  The neighbors to our southeast have been there for over a year:  they don't bother us and we don't bother them.  They have a teenager with a really noisy truck, and I have a cow that bawls every morning and probably wakes them up at 5 AM.  Welcome to the country.  Anyhow, I think we're good.  
The other neighbors, who will be moving in shortly, are amazing.  They have taken a neglected property and a house that was improperly built, and have totally made it over.  Once they are done and have grass growing and such, I will (with their permission) take a picture to share.  You won't believe the transformation.  
Cliff's favorite aunt is once again out of the hospital.  That asthma seems to send her back there almost once a month.  She's in her 80's, and I'm amazed she has made it this long.  When she's home, she still babysits.  
My sister, also in her 80's, has sold the house she and her husband had built in the early 60's and is moving to Kansas to be near her son.  She has already bought a house there.  You know what upsets me the most?  Her phone number has been the same since I was a teenager, only it used to be one digit less.  It's probably the only phone number I know by heart.  I don't know why that upsets me so much, but it does.  
My sister has been one of the most important people in my life, and her son, my nephew Larry, is one of my favorite people in the world.  I still miss Maxine's husband, Russell.  If you don't think "Leave it to Beaver" and "Father Knows Best" were realistic, you didn't know my sister and her family.  Enough said.   
So now that I've said all that, I realize the family stuff I can't blog about is no big deal.  It's amazing how counting your blessings can change your perspective.             

7 comments:

  1. I blog about most things(as you know) but try not to post too much personal info about my daughters. I'm not always crazy about their boyfriends or decisions, but they're adults and have to make their own choices. I also don't blog about anything that would worry them, like medical stuff, unless I've talked to them ahead of time. It can be tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family prefers to be incognito in my blog postings. No pictures allowed at all. Except of my hubby. Grandkids, Kids, parents all off limits. That's why I enjoy reading about everyone else's so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you for sure - when we count our blessings things always seem better. Glad Cliff's aunt is out of the hospital and am surprised your sister is moving. I remember the grapefruit you always enjoyed from her. Hope those new neighbors enjoy their new home after all the work they did. Sounds like lots of good news there at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's encouraging to know that "Leave It to Beaver" families still exist. I've had relatives (most of them now deceased) who had the same phone number for 40 years.

    When I first began blogging I vowed that I'd never reveal any personal information - - not even my name. Lately I've been revealing FAR too much.
    BUT - - if I ever revealed all my past adventures in detail it would make a sizzling best seller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jon, you surely know all your followers are waiting for things to start sizzling. We're a naughty lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right about counting your blessings. Even in this most trying, difficult time here there are so many blessings to count. The main one being that my brother is still alive and we are taking him to Da*na-Far*ber next week in Boston. I think I've got this blogger thing straightened out, we'll see when I click 'publish'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh darn, it didn't work!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!