Saturday, June 09, 2012

The local fair

It's a small-town fair, so I suppose it doesn't amount to much in the grand scheme of things.  Some years I don't even go, but it's because I've become such a hermit.  When I do end up there, I find myself enjoying it immensely.  Today I had great-grandchildren there.


 Kami is just the right age to enjoy something like this.





As you can see, Daniel had a blast.


Cliff had time before the fair to BS with Tyler.  You may remember, he's the twin next door who had cancer.  They still haven't removed his port.  He said someone is always hitting it or bumping it, and that hurts.  Let's hope he is 100% cured and can have it removed in a few months.


He rode on the tractor with Cliff, in the parade.  Cliff won second prize.  He said the tractor that won first really did deserve it.


Tude and Sassy, the horses who live here, were in the parade.  That's Adam, their owner, on Sassy.


And now, for those of you who love small-town parades, here are the highlights of ours, in a slideshow.  Make it full-screen and you will be able to see it better.  




8 comments:

  1. That is great! I'm glad Cliff won a prize for his tractor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to go to the fair, especially the small town ones. Our town fair is HUGE, but has some of the feel of a local one because of the animals and great activities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being from a small town, I enjoyed the parade. Congrats to Cliff on winning. Take care, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAIRS are fun. EVERYBODY looks so happy. The little ones are precious. Congratulations on taking 2nd place with the tractor. Do you ever get to ride the motorcycle in the parade???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Cliff on his prize! Looks like everyone had a great time and the weather beautiful too! Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the pictures and the slide show. Of course my favorite slide was Cliff on his tractor; and congrats to both of them!

    Gorgeous great-grandbabies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the slide show -- I used to love small town parades but can't stand through them anymore. So I enjoyed your vicariously. The grandchildren are precious! You are very lucky to have such a precious family. And the tractor was pretty cool, too. MGW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love our small town fair.. So i know you guys had fun.. Wow Kami is just a BEAUTIFUL little girl. She is growing up so fast. They need to put her in a beauty pageant.

    I haven't seen the tractor that won first but i still think cliff should have been 1st. But hey.. I'm partial.. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!