Sunday, May 20, 2012

Missing cow

Babe, the whiteface cow we bought from Cliff's brother, is missing.  Because we were so distracted and busy yesterday, we don't know just when she disappeared.  
The best-case scenario is that she saw the cows on the other side of the fence to the east, and since our fences aren't the best, she joined them.  It's happened before with other cows.  I've called the people who own the cows over there and left a message.  
Worst-case scenario?  She may have fallen off one of the quite precarious cliffs and overhangs on our property and broken her neck.  


Babe, please come home.  Bonnie isn't saying much, but I'm pretty sure she misses you.


Update:  Babe wasn't lost at all.  Cliff went out to close the garage, and there she was in the pasture with the others.  

8 comments:

  1. That seems a little weird, doesn't it? Are they like dogs with internal homing devices? How far away is your brother-in-law's place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Down here we sometime first think of cattle rustling because it does go on. I'm glad Babe showed her pretty face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad she's OK--didn't see your update at first and was getting very worried. (not that I don't already have a lot to worry about)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad she's back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a refief! I thought sure she was gone for good. I thought maybe some one had beef in their freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad she was there all along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness. Had me worried. The part about the broken neck. Now I can erase that picture from my head and replace it with the lovely one you posted.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!