Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Stuff I've posted on Facebook lately

 We went to my granddaughter's basketball game last night.  She made a couple of valuable moves.  That's her on the far right.






We have a water softener, and we always flush.  But for some reason both bathroom stools had a brown ring at water level.  I had tried EVERYTHING to remove it.  I had tried every formula Google had to offer.  Nothing seemed to faze these nasty-looking rings.  In a last-ditch attempt at the search for an answer, I saw the mention of pumice.  I've never had any kind of experience with pumice, although I've read that it's good for smoothing up rough feet or something like that. 
I bought the above stuff, and it took off the stubborn stains in twenty seconds.  I tried it on a rust stain on my stainless steel kitchen sink.  It took it off.  
Now everybody knows I'm not Miss Good Housekeeping, so maybe I'm the last person on earth to hear about this product.  But if you haven't tried it, you should.

6 comments:

  1. Great photo of the game in action. Pretty girl. Loved the Maxine cartoons. I have never heard of this product. But I have some tough rust stains that wil not come out on our toilet. Going to have to try this. Thanks for the heads up. Take care. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lindie3:53 PM

    okay....Now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to know you use the same pumpkin pie recept I do. I have used it for years and my family thinks I am really a good cook. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know. Our well at the lake must be hard water as there is always a ring in the toilets if I haven't been down there for a while.

    I watched all those shows when I was a kid, nice memories.

    Oh there as to be at least a little drama during the holidays or it just wouldn't be the holidays! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you haven't forgotten us for face book. I love seeing the girls basketball game and the Maxine cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love HS basketball-so fun to watch! I LOVE my pumice for toilet rings. It reminds me that I need to do that soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!