Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cats make me laugh

Today started out pretty chilly; we had been talking about riding the motorcycle down to Jefferson City to visit Cliff's cousin Edna in the hospital.  She fell and broke her hip Tuesday.  Anyhow, we decided against going, which was probably a good thing;  I talked to her daughter today and found out Edna doesn't feel that great.  
It warmed up enough to ride by noon.  Since we like to have a destination when we ride, and because I'm a Facebook fan of Hiboy restaurant, I found a good deal:  Buy one sandwich, get one free.  
You need to understand that Hiboy has an eternal place in my heart because Cliff and I used to eat there when we were dating.  He and his family lived about two blocks from Hiboy at the time.  
After we were done with our Hiboy burgers, we headed to my cousin Betty's lovely country place.  We always enjoy visiting with her and her husband.  Some of my fondest childhood memories are of times on Uncle Leo's farm with Betty and my other cousins.  
Russ and Betty have a couple of spoiled cats (I've blogged about them before).  
They recently took the cats to the vet to have them neutered; because one of the cats had a problem with matted hair, the vet shaved him while he was there.  Honestly, I laughed out loud when I saw him.  And I'm pretty sure the cat told me how he felt about that, in no uncertain terms, with a very direct stare.  
Sometimes you just have to see something to understand, so here's the cat:  


  
Betty's other cat, the one you see in the background of the first picture, just loves attention and hangs around people as much as possible.  My cousin and I were sitting at the picnic table visiting, and I noticed him all stretched out in the middle of the iris bed (I think it was an iris bed).  
I don't want to own a cat, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying other people's cats.  
While we're on the subject of pets, Sadie has been vomiting frequently for at least two weeks, and we'll be spending another bundle of money on her tomorrow.  Wish her (and us) luck.

6 comments:

  1. Awww.. Poor Sadie. I hope it's nothing serious :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you laughed at the cat. I hope Sadie gets well soon. Wonder if she is getting hold of something that has been poisoned. You never know with animals. Makes you wish they could tell you. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a good laugh at the shaaved cat this morning. I hope Sadie is ok. Sorry to hear you've got to take her to the vet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a couple cats and they keep the conversation going in our house. Hope Sadie gets better soon and that you find out what's making her sick??? Wishing you luck. You'll be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Daisy and Miss Penny would like you to know that they laugh frequently at the collection of humans walking down the street :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:54 AM

    You had the cat ownership thing right the first time around. Best wishes for Sadie & you guys.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!