Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Libby today

I rode her around the round pen for ten or fifteen minutes, then rode her outside the pen just a little bit. I'm walking her around slowly, not taking any chances. She knows when I want her to turn now, and she stops when I say whoa. This is fun!

Today when I worked with her feet, I tried the method where you pick her hind feet up with a rope. I must say, that's going to be a faster way to teach her. I was surprised at how she responded. You loop a soft rope around the fetlock and lift the foot with the rope, and the horse cannot take its foot away. Very nice.

1 comment:

  1. sometimes you make a horse ride sound so relaxing and other times it just sounds like to much work! I guess it's one of those "nice to visit but I wouldn't want to live with one" things. I'm just not a nature girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!