Monday, November 08, 2010

Bonnie loves bread

I had to enlist Cliff's help to do this video because there was no way I could do the feeding and make a video at the same time.  Bonnie eats with such gusto!  I did some online reading and found out it isn't at all out of the ordinary to feed bread to cattle.
Tommy gave us a pickup-load of bread, and told us he could bring us some every Sunday.  Unfortunately, we already have enough problems with rats, raccoons, and opossums.  They'd take over the barn!  I am thinking perhaps that when we wean Clyde, we might figure out a mouse-proof way to keep the bread and feed it to him until he's ready to butcher, at a year old.

7 comments:

  1. nerves05 (Nancy)1:57 PM

    WOW, she is a little big isnt' she. She doesnt' just grab one or 2 pieces she grabs about 5 or 6. How funny! Little Clyde is a beautiful cow.
    He's got a adorable face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nerves05 ( Nancy )1:58 PM

    I meant she's a little pig, not big. my fingers are working right today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww... cute! My late great Uncle Henry used to hand feed his cows doughnuts. Hmmmm, I'm very tempted to head out to the pasture right now with some bread for our cows. Judging by Bonny's reaction, there could be an ensuing stampede! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was amazing! Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:19 PM

    A pick up truck is a lot of bread. But might a couple of those large roll around trash cans with snap on lids work for storing bread in a rodent proof way? Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good suggestion, Karen. I really wish we had an old non-working deep freeze; that would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's official, I love Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!