Monday, November 29, 2010

After Thanksgiving

The son-in-law showed up yesterday to retrieve their crock pot, utensils, and other stuff they'd brought over to help with the Thanksgiving feast.  I sent the last of the casseroles home with him, since they were fattening stuff that Cliff and I don't need once Thanksgiving is over.  I individually wrapped the pumpkin squares, froze them, and then put them in a freezer bag for manageable portions for the two of us.  Dessert is taken care of for a long, long time.  
I'll be freezing the turkey today.  For dinner, we're having ox-tail soup I made Friday; I'll send Cliff the last of the chili, also made Friday, in his lunch this evening.  I had made the soups ahead for us and our company so I wouldn't have to worry about cooking anything while I prepared Thanksgiving dinner, held on Saturday.
There are two one-gallon freezer bags filled with turkey broth and tidbits of turkey picked off the bones I boiled.  That means I'll be able to make turkey frame soup not just once, but twice!  I imagine I'll be preparing it tomorrow, as a matter of fact.    
Looks like the meals around here are pretty well taken care of for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. I love leftovers for just that reason too. I like the gumbo recipe. There is so many things can be done with turkey.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!