Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Around the yard and garden

See that lovely splash of yellow in the back yard, behind Sadie's grave?  


It's my last iris of the year.  Various colors of Iris have been making me smile for a month, but it's time to put them behind me.  


Now the coneflowers are making their appearance.


The delicate astilbe blooms are showing off, too.  


And, speaking of blooms...


The tomato plants are showing promise.    


My dog, Iris, has finally gotten over her runny nose.  She still has a coughing spell every so often, but her recovery will soon be complete.  


On a final note:  I made a rare visit to Price Chopper today and noticed they had individual bottles of Mexican Coke.  Even at $1 a bottle, I had to get one and see if it tasted like the Coke I drank in Mexico a few years ago, which tasted like the Coke of my childhood.  

6 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful.
    Glad that Iris is better.
    let us know if that Coke tastes like you hoped it would. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:52 PM

    that anon was me

    bnana

    ReplyDelete
  3. mexican coke does taste better, I don't know about your childhood- when it was first invented :-), but I buy some on occasion and enjoy. the problem is they started to put corn syrup in some of it so you have to look at ingredients, and american manufacturers are now making some pop with real sugar like Pepsi Throwback,etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are pictures that get me smiling. Flowers make me very happy. It's that simple and I love it.

    The blooms are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:23 PM

    LOOK CLOSELY, SOME OF THOSE COINS MAY BE THE NEW 'STUPID DOLLARS, sam

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!