Sunday, June 21, 2009

Just what the doctor ordered

Cliff's sister and her husband moved to St. Louis a couple of years ago, and we've missed them a lot. They were our motorcycle riding buddies, and I'd venture to say they're our best friends. They are people with whom we can kick back and be comfortable; all of us accept one another, quirks and all.

At first, they came back to visit frequently; but lately we haven't seen them around.

So, in spite of the fact that Cliff has a dozen things he'd have liked to do around here, I was able to pry him away from his tractor so we could ride the motorcycle to St. Louis.

Charlene and Pat met us somewhere the other side of Jefferson City, and just like old times, we rode together. What an adventure we had; we even got soaked in a downpour that caught us in the middle of a bridge. As we started across the bridge, it was raining on the left but not on the right. An amazing thing to see, but of course I was so dumbfounded by the sight that I forgot to take pictures.

We hung out in their back yard until well after dark.

Pat barbecued hamburgers and Nathan's Hot Dogs, and told tall tales.

We had a great time of it, let me tell you.

Today they rode almost halfway back with us. You can take a look at some of our lovely Missouri scenery if you want to; I made a slide show of pictures I took with Charlene and Pat leading the way.




It was great. We've missed these faces.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your pics. The countryside is gorgeous! Plus, no traffic! That's great! How weird to see it raining across the bridge. I would have been so surprised! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kow yall had a great trip and I hope oyu get to do it again soon...maybe next time they can come down to yall's house!
    love ya,
    carlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gotta take a day off now and then. Your friends (relatives) look cute in their motorcycle "get up".

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!