Tuesday, November 17, 2015

A short break from Facebook

Yes, a very short break.  I mentioned to my husband this morning that I was really getting tired of all the negative stuff on Facebook.  " I should just disable my account for 24 hours," I told him.

He made some remark to let me know he didn't think that was likely to happen.  "Hey," I said, "I have actually disabled my account for as long as a week, in the past!"

And just to prove my point, poof, I disabled my Facebook account.

Now, there are people I would like to have alerted... but those who know me well have no doubt I'll be back, and soon.  The truth is that 3/4 of my "friends" won't even know I'm gone in that short a time.

Most of my Facebook friends don't even know how to get to my blog if I don't share the link on Facebook, nor do they feel the need to do so.  I just felt like making note of the fact for my own edification.

I have a good book to read, and I still have the Sudoku app, which is enough of a time-killer to take the place of Facebook, all by itself.  Recently they started putting ads with it in order to sell an ad-free version for $9.99, but so far I've found a way around the ads.

I think I will avoid the news while I'm off Facebook, too.

3 comments:

  1. What good book are you reading? I too have contemplated a break from Facebook since many posts and comments are making me feel sad/mad/discouraged/ despairing...yet it's the easiest link to Ashley,who uses Messenger from Senegal. It always works, whereas email doesn't always.Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I'm managing to avoid the bad news and focus on good stories. Well, except for first thing in the morning to see what's new in the world (BBC or NPR usually) and maybe again in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed you were gone and came to check on you!!!!

    Inga

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!