Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Stories about the Little Princess

I often play one of my Pandora stations by way of Directv when I'm in the living room.  Baby responds to some songs more than others, but she actually does seem to prefer my classic rock over country or folk.  She has to listen to classical music during nap time because the other stuff seems to wake her up if she isn't sleeping soundly.  

Last week we were listening to the classic rock station when "Bad to the Bone" came on.  It's one of my favorites, mostly because "Christine" is one of my favorite movies, and that's the theme song.    Cora and I were dancing, and when the guy got to the chorus where he says, "b-b-b-bad, b-b-b-bad, b-b-b-bad, bad to the bone," I sang along.  That's the only time she had heard the song as far as I know.  

Today it played again.  She perked up at the intro, and before the guy started singing, she was going "b-b-b-b-".  

I told you she was smart.  

At one point today she was unhappy with me about something I told her she couldn't do, and was standing in the kitchen fake-crying.  I started fake-crying, holding my hands over my eyes (all the while peeking through my fingers at her).  She was watching me closely, smiling.  I took my hands off my eyes but continued the fake boo-hooing.  She held her hands up to me, I picked her up, and she laid her head on my shoulder and started patting me, as if trying to console me.  She was still smiling, though, so I'm pretty sure she knew it was just another of my silly games.  

Oh, and by the way, she is starting to talk now.  Not clearly, but if you are around her enough you realize she IS talking.  Often she is just repeating something I said, which is how I know she is talking.  Sometimes all she gets right is the inflection of the word.  One word she knows, and says, really well is "hot".  She says it in a certain way, as though she knows hot might not be such a good thing.  She always says "hot" when she is near the oven or the dishwasher.  

Babies are so amazing.  

2 comments:

  1. I bet that was a sight for sore eyes, you and Cora dancing. before long she'll be singing all kinds of songs and talking up a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby's do love music! Glad you have a dancing partner there. What fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!