Wednesday, September 03, 2008

chili

Our temperatures went from ninety and humid to sixty and rainy, pretty much overnight.

One thing I noticed back when I had a job: every time there's a cool-down this extreme, people make chili. They eat it at home for supper and carry leftovers to work for lunch the next day; they talk about how good it tastes in this kind of weather, and say to one another, "You brought chili too?"

And chuckle, as though the same thing didn't happen every time the air gets a little nip to it.

Anybody else in the Midwest making chili? We had ours for lunch, Cliff took some to work with him, and I put some in the freezer for another day.

8 comments:

  1. HA! We had turkey chili last night for dinner! He wanted to fix it a few nights ago when it was still too hot outside, I made him wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I heard that you were having chili, I started craving it. I don't have the fixins. *sigh* Guess what I'm buying tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:50 PM

    I've only made it to the spaghetti stage so far, but I suspect that chili is on the menu for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my brother made chili and cinnamon rolls today mmmmm sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:26 AM

    I made home made tomato basil soup. Lighter, not as filling. Now I want chili! But am making PW mac and cheese for dinner to go with some chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we aren't in the midwest anymore but i have been wanting to make chili all week! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made it as soon as the temp hit 58! It was a great cool down and the cornbread was great with the chili!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!