Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spring has (finally) arrived


Seems as though my daffodils are always several days behind those of most local folks.

The peach tree is getting ready to bloom.

The dwarf plum tree I planted autumn before last is doing well.  It will have two varieties of plums.  

Old-fashioned lilac bush.

Here are the three dwarf apple trees I pruned last weekend.  I never feel as though I am doing it right, but pruning wrong is better than no pruning.  Two of these trees would have had a few apples on them if it hadn't snowed on the blooms when they were fully opened up.  I did get one HUGE Gala apple, which I shared with Cliff.  
Radishes
peas
Spinach





4 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to finally see things growing. Thanks for sharing your sprouts with us today. Nothing like that here yet except for on tiny daffodil blossom. Happy happy Spring !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, our Easter flowers are about done in the middle of Arkansas...hope the Peach does not get frosted on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for blooms and plants growing and spring! We haven't had a bad winter, but I'm still ready to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The daffodils are pretty. I love Gala apples, they are so good.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!