Monday, February 24, 2014

When my morning comes around

The first time I ever heard Iris Dement sing this song, I thought, "Oh yes.  This is me."  

When my mornin' comes around, no one else will be there
so I won't have to worry about what I'm supposed to say
and I alone will know that I climbed that great big mountain
and that's all that will matter when my mornin' comes around

When my mornin' comes around, I will look back on this valley
at these sidewalks and alleys where I lingered for so long
and this place where I now live will burn to ash and cinder
like some ghost I won't remember
When my mornin' comes around

When my mornin' comes around, from a new cup I'll be drinking
and for once I won't be thinking that there's something wrong with me
and I'll wake up and find that my faults have been forgiven
and that's when I'll start living
When my mornin' comes around


3 comments:

  1. A nice song. I enjoyed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good song for sure! I'd never heard it before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first, I thought it was about death and the ultimate home of heaven; but listening to it, says differently.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!