Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Snow and cold

I'm not sure how much snow we got here.  It's hard to guess, because of the drifting.

I walk behind the shop to get to the chicken house.  

The drifts are knee-deep in places.

It's pretty, but I could do without the single-digit temperatures.  

The cats were in the barn waiting for me this morning.  Usually Jake is waiting at the back door, and Mama Kitty comes out of the hay on cold days.  Today she was holed up under the stanchion where I milk cows.    

I intended to sled down a hill a couple of times today, but at 4 degrees, with wind chill of ten below, I believe I'll wait until the weekend when the temperatures will at least reach double digits.  
I have two blogger friends who say they can't post pictures to their blogs any more.  I'm not sure what I would do if I couldn't share pictures.  I'm still using my point-and-shoot outside for the simple reason that taking my cameras out in the cold has been the death of two of them.  I think taking them outside and then bringing them in the warm house causes condensation inside the camera; something certainly caused a smudge on all the pictures that wouldn't go away.  I am taking no chance of ruining my good camera, so I guess it will be an inside-the-house or fair-weather camera.  

4 comments:

  1. Take good care out there in the snow and cold. Here we have a foot of new stuff to shovel and making it up and over the mounds already in place are a challenge for sure. I'm taking it one shovel full at a time today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is VERY pretty, but I don't want it. It is dropping to 18 tonight which is cold for us; the highs will be in the 30s. But the SKY IS BLUE. That is such a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't get snow. We have 1/2 inch or more of ice. I noticed its clouded up again... I hope its snow this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got a foot of snow here. LOVE your photos. I had trouble posting pictures until I changed my browser.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!