Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Motorcycle Museum

While half the world was out shopping on Black Friday, our son and his wife took us to Warm Springs, Georgia, to visit a motorcycle museum.





It was actually more than a motorcycle museum:  There were old jukeboxes and collections of autographed pictures this guy had collected.  All stored in a bunch of decrepit houses that were a fireman's nightmare.  
Jim's step-daughters went shopping on Thanksgiving eve and were nice enough to invite me, but I don't do all-night stuff.  I can get up at 4 A.M., but they were heading out early on Thanksgiving evening.  I really appreciate their invitation, though!  
If you should ever be in the area and decide to tour the museum, keep in mind that FDR's "little white house" is also at Warm Springs.  Cliff and I toured it a few years ago, and it was definitely worth the time spent there.

3 comments:

  1. Something to be said for decrepit houses. Interesting place. Nice video. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That place looked awesome. I would love to have all of that stuff in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that's where FDR passed away.... in the little white house....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!