Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What to do with cornstalks when the corn is gone

Today I picked the last ears of corn from my first planting.  Then I pulled up the stalks and took them to the small cow lot.  My cow and her little friend have plenty to eat, but they like some variety in their diet.  You know, sorta like how me and Cliff like to splurge for a Mocha Frappe at McDonald's twice a week.  
Pay no mind to Iris, who thinks there's a possibility she will eventually scare a cow; that hasn't happened yet.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for answering a question that popped into my mind a few days ago. I couldn't remember for the like of me what was done with them, but somewhere I thought about fodder for the cows. I think that must be what my grandfather called it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:36 PM

    considering the price of corn stalks during the fall used for decorations etc...I am going to try and dry mine out...find a place to put them that the mice and etc doesn't use for whatever...and maybe I can put cornstalks out with pumpkins for fall decorations...????? but then if I had cows...I would probably feed them...I mean...family comes first right???? hugs to ya from this crazy lady in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!