Friday, May 10, 2013

It feels almost like normal around here

I'm sorry I didn't update sooner today:  I find myself sharing on Facebook, and then hours later I remember that many of my readers don't have Facebook.  
Cliff is back to eating real food, and plenty of it (not in excess, though).  I'm actually cooking again!  The drains produce less fluid every day.  In ten days the surgeon will have a cat scan done, and if it looks like there's no fluid hanging around where it shouldn't be, he can say goodbye to the Jackson-Pratt tubes, both of them.  
I may not have a coffee-drinking buddy any more, because coffee doesn't taste good to Cliff at all.  I'm still holding my breath, since we've had so many bumps in this road, but he does seem to be feeling pretty good today.  As I've said before, this "simple gallbladder surgery" has made the quadruple heart bypass he had seven years ago seem like a walk in the park.  

I set out sweet potatoes and other plants today, and hoed places that needed it in the garden.  I sprayed the fruit trees.  It looks as though neither the peaches nor the apples were harmed by the freezes or the late snow-fall.  

Here's a picture of Penny eating through her gate... and no, she isn't stuck.

Here's the picture after David, the photographer, got hold of it.

I think that's all I have to report for today, except to tell you that I need a nap!  Two weeks of sitting around in a hospital have gotten me totally out of shape.  



5 comments:

  1. Glad things are going better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to hear things are improving for Cliff. Back when I had my gallbladder out over 30 years ago they told me having it was the worst surgery you could have other than heart surgery. UNFORTUNATELY, now you know why. GLAD things are looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad he is able to keep solid food down. He's had a real rough patch to go through. My prayers are with you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! It is always great when life feels more normal and you can see improvement. :) He may get his taste for coffee back--just give it time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad Cliff is doing so much better. Hope he continues to improve -- and maybe he'll get back his taste for coffee!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!