Monday, November 26, 2012

The last of the Thanksgiving leftovers

Yesterday I declared that most of the leftovers had reached their expiration date and got rid of them.  The one thing I kept was the mashed potatoes, because I knew they would be just fine for one more day.
  
 
I used them to make potato patties.  I can't even tell you how good they were.  Not healthy, mind you.  But good.  VERY good.  If you've never made potato patties using leftover mashed potatoes, you are missing out on one of life's greatest pleasures.

I had three cups of mashed potatoes from Thanksgiving dinner.  
I added two beaten eggs, one-half cup of self-rising flour (you could use 1/2 cup regular flour mixed with 1/2 teaspoon baking powder), pepper, and 1/3 cup of finely diced onions.  I shaped this into patties and fried in 1/2 inch of oil.  

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe...I have some left over potatoes that I need to use up. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love potato patties around here! Your's look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have two please.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!