Monday, May 28, 2018

It's HOT




We had a great day yesterday with my daughter, her husband and daughters, and Brooke, the friend with whom we stayed in Cozumel last year.  Brooke had two grandchildren with her, granddaughter Monica later brought her niece along, and of course Natalie had baby Amara with her.  Children add a lot to any family day, don't they?  They always have plenty to play with at my house, due to the fact I've been buying toys for the little girl I babysit since we first began watching her.  That means I have toys for any age from birth to five years old and up.  Our little girl has pretty much outgrown the Power Wheels Jeep, but Brooke's grandchildren loved it.  The five-year-old figured out how to turn, back up, and so forth within five minutes.  Then she and her 3-year-old brother were off to the races.
Ezra was sound asleep with his head flopping around, but his grandmother said something to him and he opened his eyes for a bit.  Before long he was inside on the couch, sound asleep.
Just about the time I think I'll start disposing of all these toys, kids come around and play with them, and I realize what a wonderful thing it is that there are things that keep children content and occupied.  By the way, Gabe the Schnauzer was enthralled by the kiddies.

Later on the daughter drove them around in a larger toy.

All these pictures, by the way, were shamelessly stolen from the Facebook accounts of others.

So we had a nice day, even with the incredibly hot weather.  We're pretty parched here.  People north and south of us get nice rains; last weekend, camping, we probably got at least 4 or 5 inches of rain.  But locally we got 1/4 inch, barely enough to keep the pasture growing.

I do believe global warming is a real thing.  I was thoroughly convinced of it when we were in Glacier National Park looking at what was left of a glacier that used to take up far more area, as shown by a picture.  Click HERE to read about it.

Yesterday was a great day.  Today we have no plans, although we might see Brooke, Rachel, and the kids at some point.  I thought about making Cliff take me fishing, but I've heard fish don't bite well when it's hot, and Cliff and I don't deal with the heat well anyhow.  Which reminds me of one of my favorite Mark Chestnut songs:



It certainly isn't too cold at home here, but I do love the song.  I hope everyone enjoys this Memorial Day.

Peace.

3 comments:

  1. We've been having some awfully hot and dry summers too, and although I'm not a fan of incessant rain, I do like some help from Mother Nature with the watering. It looks like everyone had a great time; lucky you held on to all those toys. My mom's house is the same, full of my girls' and nephew and niece's stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children always do brighten up any day and I'm very thankful for all my grandchildren. Yes, I have toys here too, but many of the older ones are into games on their iPads or phones. My grands range in age so the toys still get used. I guess they'll be around for a while yet too. Glad to hear you had a happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. None of my great grands live around here except two and they spend all their spare time with my son-in-law and daughter who live just up the road from them.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!