Friday, August 09, 2013

Buddy seat

Ever since Cliff joined the tractor club and started going on tractor cruises and riding the Oliver 1855 in parades, I have wanted a way to ride on the tractor with him.  We've seen various methods of adding a seat for a rider, but none of them were really satisfactory for us.  

You can remove the regular tractor seat and replace it with an old school bus seat, but that just doesn't quite look right.  

You can take a platform of some kind and put seating on it.  This looks better, but I wouldn't be able to visit with Cliff on those long tractor cruises. 

I would just as soon ride with the other ladies on the trolley if I can't yak at Cliff.

You can take an old hog carrier made for the back of a tractor, put seats in that for three or four people, and paint it to match your tractor.  The good thing about this method is that when you aren't using it, you can take it off and leave it at home.  But again, I wouldn't be able to talk to my husband.  He's half deaf, remember.  And no, he does NOT need the peace and quiet!

Today at a tractor show, we found a solution that both of us can live with:
  Cliff got a closeup look at how the guy attached it.  The lady says it's comfy.  Now all we have to do is visit a tractor salvage yard and find a tractor seat!  I think we'll put it on the D-17, though, not on the Oliver.  

6 comments:

  1. That's a perfect looking seat! I wouldn't want to go if I couldn't spend the time with my husband--it would be tedious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice that you finally found a good way to let you sit on the tractor with Cliff. It'll be fun for both of you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of tandem bikes but never tandem tractors. It looks like fun.

    By the way, I'm delighted to know that the misery I depict in my blog posts makes you laugh out loud.
    SOMETIMES, it makes me laugh, too......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that looks great! Hope you find a seat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks cool. I hope you can make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another thing that I'm missing out on living here in surburbia.

    Very Cool!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!