Thursday, March 16, 2017

Scenes from Cozumel

After the backpack was found, our visit to Cozumel took a turn for the better.  I'm just going to ramble through some unsorted items in this entry.
This is the ferry that took us to Cozumel on the evening of our first day.

I went on this trip fully expecting to be without Internet, but because Rachel and Kevin have unlimited service with T-Mobile, I was able to use their phones as a "hot spot", and got fairly good service most of the time.  Also, there's a little open-air restaurant/bar on the beach not far from Brooke.  She's friends with the proprietors, and we went there in the evenings to watch the sun set.  They had excellent wi-fi, so we took advantage of that at times during our stay.
taken at the end of our first full day on Cozumel

I realize people who live near a large body of water probably aren't impressed by the sound of waves at sunset, but it's a rare event for some of us land-lubbers, so we all took videos.


I'm not doing a day-by-day story of our stay in Mexico, just putting together random happy times.  Pueblo Del Maiz was a real hit with all of us.  Brooke hadn't even seen it before, since she doesn't spend money on touristy things.  We were in a group by ourselves for the tour, learning how Mayans lived; so with no huge crowd waiting in line, our 45-minute tour stretched to at least an hour-and-a-half.  You can find an article about the place HERE, or read the reviews on Tripadvisor.  Any of our group would recommend it.
Our guide through Pueblo Del Maiz
  Brooke, me, Kevin, and Rachel with one of our guides

We made chocolate, ate honey made by tiny bees with no sting, and other interesting stuff.  Brooke and Rachel made tortillas.


Of course we ate.  And ate.  And ate.  

And I took pictures of things like a Mexican 7-11...

and strange little vehicles.

5 comments:

  1. That view is priceless. Looks like so much fun. I bet the food was delicioius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice of you to show us this. My daughter, Lynda, and her husband are going on a cruise there end of the month for her 60th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful time ! I love the beach picture !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! I love the sound of waves too. I don't think I could ever tire of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a previous follower of Rachel's long-ago blog, I'm so glad to read about her random happy times. Heck, I want them for you too, Mosie, but I get to read more about your happiness here than about hers :-).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!