Monday, December 29, 2014

The over-sharing has come to an end, at least for now

OK, forget the post where I said I was going to stop sharing stuff on Facebook during Lent.  I've decided that since this little change has nothing to do with my religious beliefs, I'll change the time.  My no-sharing has begun, with the exception of links to new blog entries, which I will still share on my status because in the past, several friends told me they prefer that I share those links on Facebook.

I've tried it today (with one exception) and did just fine.  It wasn't even difficult.  I still allow myself to comment on, or "like" stuff, that others post.  But I won't bother to "check in" at church, or tell you how many eggs my hens laid today (five) or how much milk I brought in from the cow (two gallons).  See, I can tell you that on my blog, but not directly on Facebook.  

Cliff often laughs out loud at some of the silly things I pass along, like this, for instance:


So when I see something like this I think he would laugh at, I will message him.  He never notices his private messages, so I will have to teach him to watch for them.  He's a quick learner.  

Yeah, stuff like this.  

Oh, and I will allow myself to share one Cora picture a day when she is here.  I think that's all.  

I am planning on doing this through the month of January.  We'll see what happens after that.  

4 comments:

  1. But...but...but... why? Or rather, why not? I love the way you share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting experiment to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll enjoy it if your are bloging more and doing FB less. It will be interesting to see how the end of your over sharing goes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use FB and my blog in very different ways. FB is mostly for quips, quote and funny things; my blog is for writing and stories. It works well for me, although it is way easier to put up photos and posts on FB, so it's tempting. However, my blog feels more intimate and personal.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!