Friday, September 03, 2010

That thirty-day thing I said I'd do...




The more I looked at the topics for those 30 days, the more boring it looked. So I'll just do it all today and get it over with in one entry.

Day 01 – Introduce:  If you've read my blog long, there's no need for an introduction.  I live mostly inside my head.  I like being outdoors.
Day 02 – Your first love:  Elvis Presley
Day 03 – Your parents:  I just mentioned them yesterday, and my mother's story is in this blog.  Daddy had a temper, liked to sing, and said pretty much whatever was on his mind to everybody.
Day 04 – What you ate today:  ho-hum, who cares?
Day 05 – Your definition of love:  The Bible definition (I Corinthians 13) is best, but I have never known anybody who loves that well. 
Day 06 – Your day:  Ho-hum
Day 07 – Your best friend:  Cliff
Day 08 – A moment:  huh?
Day 09 – Your beliefs:  have changed over the years, but Jesus is still at the core of them
Day 10 – What you wore today:  ho-hum
Day 11 – Your siblings:  brother is deceased, I have the best sister in the world
Day 12 – What’s in your bag:  huh?
Day 13 – This week:  ho-hum       
Day 14 – What you wore today:  ho-hum
Day 15 – Your dreams:  If by dreams you mean aspirations, I don't have a lot of them, these days.  Dreams I have at night?  Lately I have troubled dreams, for some reason, about a couple who recently divorced.    
Day 16 – Your first kiss:  none of your business
Day 17 – Your favorite memory:  too many to list, but childhood Christmases figure in a lot
Day 18 – Your favorite birthday:  When I turned 50 and a bunch of favorite aunts and uncles surprised me.
Day 19 – Something you regret:  Not being the kind of mother who encouraged her children to do well in school; I was a lazy mother.
Day 20 – This month:  should be a lovely one
Day 21 – Another moment:  huh?
Day 22 – Something that upsets you:  People who try to manipulate or control me
Day 23 – Something that makes you feel better:  the 23rd Psalm, pretty sunrises
Day 24 – Something that makes you cry:  losing a pet
Day 25 – A first:  my life has been full of firsts
Day 26 – Your fears: That social security will give out before I die, cancer, alzheimer's; I don't obsess over such things, but all of these cause a vague uneasiness to surface in my mind from time to time.   
Day 27 – Your favorite place:  right here, baby
Day 28 – Something that you miss:  Lots of relatives who have died
Day 29 – Your aspirations:  To enjoy this day
Day 30 – One last moment:  I'm so glad I didn't string this out over 30 days.  





4 comments:

  1. You surely did lump that all together. Isn't it true that our whole life is full of firsts. They are still occurring for me every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, we have some serious like-mindedness. I also do not like people who try to manipulate or control me. And you KNOW how I miss the country. I too would be happy "right here, baby" if I were living where you are. I also try to live in the moment, enjoying today. Really, I wish we lived down the road from one another.
    Blessings,
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagine most of your readers are like me and enjoy the simple life more than one lived in the fast lane - although I had my moments in my youth.

    Thanks for your book suggestions on my blog. I have read Seabiscuit and I see that Mark Rashid has several published in addition to the one you recommended. I'm putting them on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to do this when I first saw it too. Until, like you, I changed my mind. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!