Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Things change

 I played Wordle in the past, along with some of my facebook friends.  Several of us would let us see how well we did, since you don't have  to see to see your actual word to know where you stand.  As my dementia got worse, I was have trouble with Wordle and stopped playing it.

 A month or so ago, I decided to try it again.  Mostly it's just luck anyway, although there are some letters that help if they are in a certain place.  Anyhow, I got every word I tried.  The only thing is that I forget to do it until a day or two... just another gift from dementia.  A couple days ago our grandson, who lives in our old house, came over with his wife.  Her grandfather died with dementia, and as she went to the kitchen to get a cinnamon roll I had just gotten out of the oven, she said, "About the time my grandfather was like you are, my grandma had sticky notes all over the the kitchen."

BINGO!

I now have done four wordles in a row.

10 comments:

  1. I love doing word and geography games in the morning with my coffee and think it keeps my mind active. Wordle is a great one! Today I got 3 which is unusual; I'm usually at 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do wordle daily with my daughters along with the other game with categories. But I've fallen out of the habit and haven't for some time. I have never been unable to solve one in the allowed number of tries but I've come close a time or two. I also finally got the word on my first try which I think is a big reason I stopped playing since I knew it would be awhile again before that word would come up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never cared enough about word games, but wordle is just one word, and I think that's why I like it.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous5:17 AM

    Donna, I’d be too embarrassed to say what all I forget these days. If sticky notes help, put those little things wherever you need to - I’ve seen them in all colors & sizes nowadays.
    I color almost every day on Happy Color app, for about 12 years. It’s rewarding to see a sketch come alive with colors!
    Whatever you can do to help you remember is exactly what what you should do!
    I’m so glad to see you here! I’ve missed you a lot!
    Sharon in Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What keeps my going is my faith and playing the guitar and singing.

      Delete
  4. Several years ago when you first started posting your Wordle and Waffle results I started playing both of those daily. I rarely miss a day playing them, though sometimes it's nearly time for them to reset before I get around to playing them. Whatever helps you remember things is a good thing. Wallpaper your house with those colorful post it notes if that helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put on today on the top of our coffee pop so I will remember to shut it down when there's no more coffee in it; and I put one above the stove telling myself to check the burners on the stove.

      Delete
  5. Donna, the other day I forgot the street number to my house. I thought it was 8031, but it's 3081. It happend to all of us. Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised you are still alive after all you have been through.

      Delete

I love comments!