Sometime last week, I came to this blog thinking I might say hello just to see if someone came looking. It takes a lot more time now and I often have to Google to find out how to spell words. Every day I lose more words, and now I am getting pretty forgetful. I went to a reunion on my dad's side and did have a good time. I always tell people I may not be able to say much because I lose my words. It so far hasn't ruined my days for me.
The one thing that I like doing best is playing on the guitar and singing every song I know in the old three hymnals from the 1950's. I used to know many of them by heart, but that's gone. But for some reason I can sing them just fine as long as the words are in front of me. I generally sing for an hour starting at five o'clock. The doctor told me I had better keep that up or you won't be able to. Others have told me that too. Don't be surprise if I leave out a word or mispell some.
Let's see if anybody stumbles in.
We four girls were all born in 1944. I'm the oldest.
I’m mostly a lurker, but I wanted to leave a little encouragement. I’m glad you’re here.
ReplyDeleteI am glad too.
DeleteDear Donna! Have read your blog many years, & I’ve missed you here! Sharon in Texas❤️
DeleteI remember you.
DeleteI've been reader for years, I don't blog but love to read them and I was so glad when I saw where you commented on another blog that you posted! I ran right over..
ReplyDeletenot really... I'm 64 so not much running for me!! Anyway, I check your blog often and I've missed you. Take care, Louise
I won't be writing long stories, but we'll see how long I last here.
DeleteI’ve missed you too! I’ve read your blog for years! I hope your husband & Gabe are doing okay. I’ll be 82 in December!
ReplyDeletePat Parker, Cameron, Texas
Hi, Donna, it's good to hear from you. I've been reading your blog for many years. I always appreciate your thoughts and wisdom, and your singing. I also Google words that I can't spell. Take care, you're doing well. Jon
ReplyDeleteWe'll see what happens
DeleteHi Donna! How's Gabe and Cliff doing?
ReplyDelete'Gabe will be 9 years old soon, and he lays around more now. Cliff also does, but they manage to get to the dinner table.
DeleteI think of you and Cliff quite often even if you aren't updating your blog very often these days.
ReplyDeleteI haven't forgotten you and your family.
DeleteHowdy back. to you! It was good to see your post this morning.
ReplyDeleteI have peeked in on you and others a time or two.
DeleteI'm delighted to see this post, Donna! I think of you often and am glad that you're adapting to your new reality. You have such an excellent attitude and so much grace. Hope you're still able to read! I miss exchanging book recommendations. Take care!
ReplyDeleteI have trouble reading long words these days, and don't have much desire to read. I do have a couple of books that would be for older children. One written by a cousin's daughter, and one by a friend of my daughter... nothing big, but I enjoy them. I get more reading from three different hymn books than anything else, because that''s what I know I can do.
DeleteGood morning, Donna! It's always good to see your posts, no matter how often you feel like writing them. I keep up with you on Facebook but I like the in depth, longer posts on here. I don't think anyone is here to judge your spelling or writing. We're just happy to see your posts and hear about you and Cliff and your family.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure they aren't. I don't have much to talk about, but I'll try a few words sometimes..
Delete