Thursday, September 06, 2018

One thing and another

Every two months, Gabe goes to the groomer.  Today was the day.  


As much as I prefer how the traditional Schnauzer cut looks, with the skirt and fluffy leggings and all, this short-all-over-but-leave-the eyebrows-and-beard cut is best for us.  When I first had this summer cut done, we all noticed there was much less doggy odor to contend with.  So this is probably going to be his permanent look.  I always make his next appointment when we pick him up, because they are constantly booked up.  One time I neglected to do that and he had to go three months without a haircut.  Never again!  I called other groomers, but they were all booked, AND charged more than Bed and Bones.  Now I secure my spot far ahead and give B&B a tip each time.

Our little Cora is having some difficulty adjusting to preschool, which doesn't surprise me.  I'm sure it's a shock.  She's had other changes going on in her life lately, so the timing could have been better; but I think the longer we waited, the harder it might have been.  The folks at the day care take pictures of the kids going about their business of learning and playing while they're there, and we see our little girl smiling and joining in, in a lot of them.  Her mom told me that on the first day, the poor kid had an embarrassing incident at/during nap-time, which has sort of turned her against nap-time completely.  Yesterday she was having a bad morning, so her mom wondered if we could go pick her up at lunch and bring her to visit.  Of course we were dying to see her anyway, so that worked for us.  But when I talked to her about napping, and laying down and shutting her eyes and going to sleep like she did here, her eyes welled up with tears and I realized it really is a serious issue.  I know the folks at this preschool, and I'm sure if anybody can win her over, they can.  Last night, searching for answers, I googled "child hates pre-school" and found out this is NOT an uncommon thing.   

Meanwhile, her parents, grandparents, and Cliff and me have our moods dampened a bit knowing our little sunshine girl is having trouble adjusting.  Positive thoughts and prayers are appreciated.  If having folks care about the fact you're having a hard time does any good, she has that in spades.  But it's one of those "you've gotta walk that lonesome valley" things.  "Nobody else can walk it for you," as the song goes.  You've gotta walk it by yourself.

We've had a little rain, although most of the precipitation goes north and east every time, giving us a 1/10-inch sample on its way past.  Mother Nature is a tightwad, but at least we have green pasture again.  As far as finding hay for the winter, that's going to be an interesting and costly proposition.

That's all for today.  God bless us every one.  






3 comments:

  1. I’m glad you and Cliff got to go see her at her preschool. I am sure all feels better. Donna, my friend has a foo foo breed dog who requires the groomer every two months. Elle does look cute afterwards. Gabs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your little girl is having problems. It is a different way of life for her, but then kids are very flexible and forgiving too so hopefully soon this incident will be a thing of the past. Will say a prayer that it will be sooner than later for her. Here we continue to have plenty of rain and have all summer, This weekend they say we'll be feeing the effects of Tropical Depression Gordon here in Ohio and warnings are up for danger of flooding on Sunday. 2 to 3 inches in one day is a lot. We'll see what comes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good you and Cliff had her to visit you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!