Saturday, February 27, 2016

A nice, leisurely walk

I'll just share, in order, a few of the things I noticed on my walk.  First of all, the yearling heifer, Hope, was let out in the big pasture for the first time.  She didn't know what to do with herself and followed me for a while before turning back and heading toward her little haven in the smaller pen.


One of the horses checked her out.
This is about the time she turned tail and trotted back toward home.  Now that I had some peace, quiet, and alone time, I laid down under a tree using a tree root as a pillow.  Believe it or not, it was pretty comfortable.  I enjoyed looking up at the pattern made by the branches above me.

White fungus?

That stump has been there a long time.

I heard a train whistling below, drawing near.  Keep watching through the trees.


I walked on for quite a while.  Then suddenly, I was no longer alone.

Any time you see Titan, his people are bound to be close by.  He isn't one to go running around the woods by himself.  

People everywhere!  What's Cliff doing on the tractor?

Ah, he's harrowing the horse doodie into little chunks of fertilizer.  

So much for today's walk.  Pretty eventful, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!