Thursday, August 23, 2012

Freebies

It's been awhile since I've mentioned Swagbucks on my blog.  It's a search engine that pays you to use it.  I generally use my Swag Bucks to buy Barnes and Noble gift cards with which I purchase Nook Books.  I manage to earn enough Swagbucks every four months to get a certificate worth $10 at Barnes and Noble, which generally gets me a book.  Since I read library books on my Nook (and on my Ipad), I don't often spend money on books.  When I get these e-gift cards, I choose a book that I think I will want to read more than once.  Swagbucks has promotional stuff that helps you earn extra points, but for the most part, I only use the search engine.  For instance, I don't use a saved link to visit Pioneer Woman; I type the words into my Swagbucks search engine.  I often use it to get to my own blog, too.  
Once in a while I end up having to use Google, but most of the time Swagbucks meets my search engine needs.  

Here's my most recent way of getting freebies, and it looks as though I will get rewards a lot faster than I do with Swagbucks:  MySurvey.com.  I've only been doing this one for five weeks, and I already have enough points to trade in for a $10 gift card for Amazon.com or Applebees or Outback.  If I wait until I have double the amount of points I've earned so far, there are $25 gift cards.  
I will admit the surveys are sort of a drag, but I'm retired and usually doing nothing really important anyhow.  And I like free stuff.  

I am still using Google Adsense.  It seems to take forever to get my reward, but that's because you don't get your money until it adds up to $100, and it depends upon you, my readers, to click on the ads here.  Seriously, who clicks on ads?  Obviously somebody does!  September 23, 2011, I received a check from Adsense for $102.11.  I think it took five years to get to that point.  Today I have $26.78 in unpaid earnings; at that rate, it will be around three more years before I get another check. 

So there you have it.  The little perks of my Internet existence.  The biggest perk, of course, is interacting with all my lovely readers, one of whom is responsible for introducing me to Swagbucks and the world of Internet freebies.  

6 comments:

Angela said...

I've often wondered how that Google Adsense worked. Sounds like you've got a little of everything working for you.

On the Barnes & Noble gift card, I recently redeemed my credit card miles/rewards for a $200 B & N gift card. I am giddy with excitement waiting for it (seriously) and I'm determined NOT to share the news with my bookworm of a daughter. Ha! She would have it spent before it ever got here... I'm going to try my best to make it last.

Missie said...

I wondered how google adsense worked. Nothing wrong with making a few buck while blogging. Good for you.

Hyperblogal said...

I tried adsense for a week... and had to spend most of my time blocking ads for other photographers...

Forty Pound Sack said...

I signed up for the surveys, too, but after spending several minutes doing the first part I rarely qualified for one so didn't get the points. After a few weeks of that I closed the account. Glad it works out for you ~

TARYTERRE said...

The power of marketing on the internet pays off. Good for you. I'm glad you get some benefit from it. Never tried any of these things on my blog??? Maybe someday??

darev2005 said...

I had Adsense on my blog for awhile, but they kept putting up ads to send money to inmates and I can't have that. So I gave it up.