Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A meme from Mel

Mel did this purely as an act of revenge because I tagged HER for a meme the other day! I'm ignoring the first part because I'm not tagging anybody this time. I don't really know who likes doing these silly things and who doesn't; so you're ALL off the hook!

INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so:

BlondeMomBlog

Holly’s Corner

An Island Life

Whee! All The Way Home


Melanie in Orygun

Next, select five people to tag: This is the part I'm ignoring

What were you doing 10 years ago? Danged if I know! That was before I went to work at Kohls for five years. I'll guarantee you I was walking with a lot less pain back then; the knees hadn't started giving me all this trouble.

What were you doing 1 year ago? I was pretty much doing the same things as now, except I was counting the months until my Social Security money would start rolling in.

Five Snacks You Enjoy

1. Almonds
2. Watermelon
3. Simply Naked Pita Chips
4. Popcorn
5. Cheese and crackers

Five Songs That You Know All The Lyrics To

1. Me and Bobby McGee, written by Kris Kristofferson
2. Folsom Prison Blues, Johnny Cash
3. Amazing Grace
4. Ole Slewfoot, sung by Johnny Horton, written by Jay Webb. I've never met a child that didn't love this song and beg to hear it again.
5. Darlin’ Let’s Turn Back the Years, written by Hank Williams, as sung by Waylon Jennings and Jessi Colter

Five Things You Would Do If You Were a Millionaire

1. Pay off all debt
2. Have a new house built, all on one level, with central air conditioning
3. Get the new stray dog spayed
4. Buy a place in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado
5. Buy Cliff a brand new Honda 1800 Gold Wing

Five Bad Habits

1. Spending too much time reading blogs (or on the Internet in general)
2. Not paying close attention when people are talking to me
3. playing when I should be working.
4. Speed-reading through things, so I miss part of the message. This has gotten me in trouble numerous times with e-mails.
5. Procrastinating

Five Things You Like To Do

1. Ride my horse
2. Sit by the campfire at my cabin
3. Ride behind Cliff on the motorcycle
4. Visit Colorado
5. Watch the silly dogs playing

Five Things You Would Never Wear Again

1. High heels
2. Panty hose
3. Sandals (I had my toenails removed)
4. Fingernail polish
5. A girdle

Five Favorite Toys

1. My camera
2. My computer + the Internet = The best thing ever (you said it, Mel)
3. My Gibson Dove guitar
4. Our motorcycle
5. My cabin

8 comments:

Mel said...

Great answers! Thanks for playing along!
(I wish I could say more, but I think I just signed the death warrant on my job and I'm a little freaked out right now.)

Patois said...

Wow! You had your toenails removed?! I just read about someone else having done that, too. (Although one of the pinkie nails grew back.) Anyway, some great answers. Re: the snacks. Do you mean you're simply naked when you eat pita chips or is that a name brand?

Patois said...

And now I feel really dumb because, of course, it was you! With the toe nail, of course. That'll teach me to comment on people's sites until I've lurked a suitably long enough time. (Like on Mel's.)

Midlife Mom said...

Great answers! I especially love the girdle one! I remember in boarding school we all had these horrible girdles that we wore every day and we were pencil thin! How stupid. I haven't had one of those on for 40 years and now I really could use one! :0) Loved the post on the cream in the recipes. We used real cream on everything too, I used to love to go in the 'separating room' with my grandmother while she did the milk. Hadn't thought of that in a long time. Glad to read you're going to use your beautiful calf for milk, I have been wondering if you bought her for the freezer :0(
Now I can stop worrying about that!!!!! She is so gorgeous!

Tammy said...

I'm brand new to blogging and have a few (probably stupid) questions.
What is a meme?
What is tagging?

And, hello from a Texas transplant originally from Missouri!

Donna said...

Tammy, a meme is, I think, simply stuff about Me Me Me... it lets people learn things about ME. If I do one, then mention I tag you... you have to do that meme too. (Not that anybody can make you do it.) There are some memes I won't do because there are facts about my life that are nobody's business, and I sometimes feel the questions are too personal.

BarnGoddess said...

omg, I was tagged w/ this MeMe a week ago. I really need to do it!

build a new house, that is one thing Id do to, and get a nanny.

ewww girdles arent fun but Id look better in one than w/out!

Ellie said...

Hi Donna,

Great meme. You had your toenails removed? I will have to go back and see if you talked about that in any of your posts. I just felt an "ouch" when I read that!

Now on to the girdle situation. I tivo The View each day and then watch it later on, well, the other day they had this lady on who has created this "wonderful" item called "Spanx" and they ranted and raved and went on and on about how wonderful these things are. They make you go down 1 dress size and they take all the wrinkles and rolls out of your but and thighs and on and on they raved. I was convinced I needed spanx the way they were going on and on. So, I was at a store a few days later and I saw a whole thing of Spanx, so I thought, "Now is my opportunity, I must get one." I did, I brought it home, the next day I tried to put it on and I now understand why they make you look thinner, if you were able to finally "roll" them on, it would suck the life blood out of you! I am serious, I was sweating profusely and everything ached and I just happened to be doing this in front of my full length mirror and I happened to look up and see the desperation in my face and I said to myself, "this is enough, it is NOT worth it!" and I peeled that sucker off my thighs and popped them back in the drawer and if I ever get the urge to try and put them on again, it will be many moons from now. It was quite the workout. I am only out of about $27.00, but hey, a woman always must try the new rage...no?

Another lesson learned and life goes on...